Burgers Symposium 2022
Wednesday 8 June & Thursday 9 June 2022
The Burgers Symposium 2022 will take place on 8 & 9 June, in-person at the conference centre ‘De Werelt’ in Lunteren. As you know this is a yearly event of the JM Burgers Centre (JMBC), which serves as the annual meeting platform for all junior and senior scientists of the JMBC.
The programme will include:
- The Burgers Lecture by Prof. Dan Henningson (KTH, Sweden).
- A total of 50 slots for 12 min. talks by PhD students and postdocs, with award for the two best presentations.
- A session where a selection of New Scientific Staff in the Burgerscentrum will give a presentation.
- The Symposium Dinner followed by an Invited Lecturer (to be announced).
- The Burgers Gallery, which consists of posters and movies. Each contributor is requested to give a 1 minute pitch about their work. Those giving a pitch will automatically compete for the Burgers Gallery Award for Best Poster or for Best Movie, which will be announced by the end of the symposium.
- A session on Fluid Flow in the Industry.
- 2021 KIVI Hoogendoorn Fluid Mechanics Award to Dr. ir. Sina Tajfirooz.
In between the sessions, there will be ample possibilities to meet colleagues and friends, to exchange ideas, to talk about collaborations, to enjoy the nice surroundings of the conference centre: coffee/tea breaks, lunches, Symposium Dinner, and networking drinks.
We invite all JMBC members to join in this annual event. In particular we also hope to welcome many of the JMBC PhD students and postdocs.
The maximum number of registered participants has been reached. You can be added to the waitlist by sending an e-mail request to email@example.com
You can download the final programme of the symposium through the link below.